Friday, December 12, 2008

Trygs: The Stakeout

So. This is my first blog. Chad will be proud (or sad?) of his little brother for finally jumping on the blogging bandwagon...though by this point, it's pretty damned full.

Carrie & I hit Trygs yesterday. I'm not going to use an apostrophe, since they did not. It's not my restaurant, it's theirs. And if they want to look stupid...that's their right. Onto the meal....

We arrived at 6. The bar was full...sadly...so we went to the dining area. Immediately when we sat down, we noticed that we were not alone. There were some "others" at our booth. Well...not really. They were on the other side of wall...but the overhanging ceiling was fashioned is such a way that their conversations were beaming down on us. We felt as though we were on a stakeout...overhearing every little shred of yuppy tripe they were shoveling out.

But this is a meal blog...so let's get down to it. Our robotic waitress has arrived! Say hello to Doris. She of the fake smile, fake interest, and OCD/neurotic need to pour Carrie & I our beaujolais nouveau in EXACT same portions.

That's right. No beer....what a sad way to kick off my beer & burger blog. No beer. But there was a burger. The Trygs (') signature 10 Oz. burger. Mine was ordered medium rare - my favorite way - with lettuce, onion, and sweet aiole sitting atop my two pieces of smoked Gouda.

The burger itself was large...but in a filet mignon-esque cut. It looked like a hockey puck. The burger was not seasoned whatsoever...it was just like eating cardboard. I'm a fan of seasoning...ANY seasoning on a burger. But the Gouda helped it out. And the bun was grilled...which helped.

I ordered the fries along with. Dried out, not very tasty. Like Doris, most likely.

And with that...I'll end my first blog entry. Then go see how it looks. I'm not to the point yet of adding .jpegs, or anything cool like that. For an expert's blog...please refer to http://aagro.blogspot.com/

Burger Rating: 6.5 out of 10.
Fries Rating: 5 out of 10.
Ale Selection Rating: Not a very good selection... 3 out of 10.


1 comment:

  1. Doris is a wonderful gal. And she's only dry on Mondays.

    ReplyDelete