Monday, December 29, 2008

Buffalo Tap: Farewell, Detroit Lions.

You've officially crashed & burned...and I got to see it all before my very eyes while at the Buffalo Tap in Savage, MN. A haven of Packer fans. But enough of the ambiance.

I ordered a Wisconsin-stock Juicy Lucy. The burger was very tasty. Big, packed with cheese. Nekked save for a pickle on the bun, which was fine. The burger was also salted/peppered lightly. The onion rings were fine, as were the high school cafeteria-esque crinkle-cut fries. But the cheeze curds...my god. The best I've ever had. I've had some great ones: Outside the metrodome, where they're flash-fried fresh from the vat. The Renaissance festival (Savage) curds are great too.

But nothing...NOTHING could hold a candle to these babies. The beer selection? Much-improved from when I'd last visited. They did have Summit, but were out of the yummy Summit Winter ale. (On a side note: The Summit Winter is very much more suited for a porter or creamy stout than a well-hopped/malted typical winter ale.)

We switched to wine soonafter the 1st Summit. Decent wine selection - for a place that serves cheeze curds. I'd go back for the curds any day. BARF tolerance rating:

Burger: 7 of 10.
Ale selection: 4 of 10.
Really Kick-Ass Cheese Curds: 10 of 10.
Fries: 6 of 10.

~Orb

No comments:

Post a Comment